Bode, Christoph, Prof. Dr.
Prof. Dr. Christoph Bode
Chair of Logistics Management
Phone: +41 44 632 6425
Fax: +41 44 632 1526
Short Bio (Full CV in pdf)
Christoph Bode is a research affiliate with the Chair of Logistics Management and a full professor at the Business School of the University of Mannheim where he holds the Endowed Chair of Procurement. He obtained his Ph.D. from WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Germany and holds a master's degree in business engineering (Dipl.-Wi.-Ing.) from the University of Karlsruhe (TH), Germany and master's degrees in industrial engineering (ingénieur ENSGI) and management (master de recherche) from the Grenoble Institute of Technology (INPG), France. Through internships with consulting and industrial firms in Germany and France, he gained practical experience in various areas of industrial management, supply chain management, and logistics.
Christoph's current teaching and research interests lie in the areas of supply chain, logistics, purchasing/procurement, and operations management with a special focus on risk and disruptions, interfirm relationships, innovation and entrepreneurship, strategies and performance, and sustainability. His work in these areas has appeared in such journals as the Academy of Management Journal, European Journal of Operational Research, Decision Sciences, Journal of Business Logistics, Journal of Operations Management, and Organization Studies.
He serves on the editorial review boards of the Journal of Operations Management (best reviewer award 2012 and 2013) and the Journal of Supply Chain Management (best reviewer award 2011), as well as a frequent ad-hoc reviewer for other leading journals and conferences.
- Zaremba, Boris/Bode, Christoph/Wagner, Stephan M. (2015): Strategic and Operational Determinants of Relationship Outcomes With New Venture Suppliers, Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 36, (in press)
- Busse, Christian/Mahlendorf, Matthias D./Bode, Christoph (2015): The ABC for studying the too-much-of-a-good-thing effect: A competitive mediation framework linking antecedents, benefits, and costs, Organizational Research Methods, (in press)
- Bode, Christoph and Wagner, Stephan M. (2015): Structural Drivers of Upstream Supply Chain Complexity and the Frequency of Supply Chain Disruptions, Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 36, May, pp. 215-228
- Bode, Christoph/Hübner, Denis/Wagner, Stephan M. (2014): Managing Financially Distressed Suppliers: An Exploratory Study, Journal of Supply Chain Management, Vol. 50, No. 4, October, pp. 24-43 (DOI).
- Hofmann, Hannes/Busse, Christian/Bode, Christoph/Henke, Michael (2014): Sustainability-related Supply Chain Risks: Conceptualization and Management, Business Strategy and the Environment, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 160-172 (DOI).
- Wagner, Stephan M. and Bode, Christoph (2014): Supplier Relationship-Specific Investments and the Role of Safeguards for Supplier Innovation Sharing, Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 32, No. 3, March, pp. 65-78 (DOI).
- Guérard, Stéphane/Bode, Christoph/Gustafsson, Robin (2013): Turning Point Mechanisms in a Dualistic Process Model of Institutional Emergence: The Case of the Diesel Particulate Filter in Germany, Organization Studies, Vol. 34, No. 5–6, May, pp. 781-822 (DOI).
- Niranjan, Tarikere T./Wagner, Stephan M./Bode, Christoph (2011): An Alternative Theoretical Explanation and Empirical Insights into Overordering Behavior in Supply Chains, Decision Sciences, Vol. 42, No. 4, November, pp. 859-888 (DOI).
- Wagner, Stephan M./Bode, Christoph/Koziol, Philipp (2011): Negative Default Dependence in Supplier Networks, International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 134, No. 2, December, pp. 398-406 (DOI).
- Bode, Christoph/Wagner, Stephan M./Petersen, Kenneth J./Ellram, Lisa M. (2011): Understanding Responses to Supply Chain Disruptions: Insights from Information Processing and Resource Dependence Perspectives, Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 54, No. 4, August, pp. 833-856 (DOI).
- Bode, Christoph/Lindemann, Eckhard/Wagner, Stephan M. (2011): Driving Trucks and Driving Sales? The Impact of Delivery Personnel on Customer Purchase Behavior, Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 32, No. 1, March, pp. 99-114 (DOI).
- Wagner, Stephan M./Bode, Christoph/Koziol, Philipp (2009): Supplier Default Dependencies: Empirical Evidence from the Automotive Industry, European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 199, No. 1, November, pp. 150-161 (DOI).
- Wagner, Stephan M. and Bode, Christoph (2008): An Empirical Examination of Supply Chain Performance along Several Dimensions of Risk, Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 307-325 (DOI).
- Wagner, Stephan M. and Bode, Christoph (2006): An Empirical Investigation into Supply Chain Vulnerability, Journal of Purchasing & Supply Management, Vol. 12, No. 6, December, pp. 301-312 (DOI).